Heather Locklear placed on psychiatric hold over mental breakdown fears


Heather Locklear attends Tyler Perry's "Too Close to Home" TLC's first original scripted series screening held at The Paley Center
Heather Locklear has been placed on psychiatric hold (Picture: PA)

Heather Locklear has reportedly been placed on a psychiatric hold.

According to TMZ, the 57-year-olds therapist determined she was having another mental breakdown, before she was taken to hospital.

The publication states an ongoing mental health issue resurfaced over the weekend, with her therapist and lawyer later releasing the Melrose Place actress needed treatment.

A call to the emergency services was later placed as a precaution.

FILE - In this July 24, 2013 file photo, actress Heather Locklear arrives at the TNT 25th Anniversary Party in Beverly Hills, Calif. Locklear has been arrested on suspicion of fighting first responders for the second time this year. Ventura County Sheriff???s officials say Locklear was released from jail Monday after posting $20,000 bail. Authorities say Locklear appeared to be extremely intoxicated when deputies arrived at her Southern California home after a report of a domestic dispute at about 11 p.m. Sunday. Authorities say she kicked a deputy and a paramedic. She was taken to a hospital and booked into jail. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP, File)
Heathers therapist and lawyer were worried over her mental health (Picture: AP)

Earlier this year, Heather voluntarily checked herself into a long-term care facility, after fears she overdosed at her California home.

The actress was arrested for allegedly attacking a police officer and emergency responders in June, after police were called for someone overdosing at her property

She allegedly punched an officer who had been trying to remove her from the residence. Its been claimed that the paramedics arrived and she was put on a trolley when she allegedly kicked an emergency responder.

Advertisement Advertisement

More: Showbiz

Heather was taken to jail and held on $20,000 (£15,000) bail, before paying it herself and walking out.

She then agreed to enter a long-term care facility of her own accord, and was co-operative with doctors.

Metro.co.uk has contacted Heathers reps for a comment.

Advertisement Advertisement