Breitbart Tech

Despite positive affirmations about progress toward sending humans further into space than ever before, SpaceX founder Elon Musk says that there is a “good chance you will die” if you participate in the early voyages to Mars.

byNate Church13 Mar 2018, 2:40 PM PDT0

Satya Nadella

Microsoft has received “hundreds” of gender discrimination and sexual harassment complaints since 2010, according to a report.

byCharlie Nash13 Mar 2018, 2:00 PM PDT0

Google remained the key driver of revenue and profit for Alphabet

At a meeting with Bay Area Congressman Ro Khanna (D-CA), female tech leaders described a culture of sexism in Silicon Valley.

byLucas Nolan13 Mar 2018, 1:56 PM PDT0

According to a new report, more than half of millennials are going through a “quarter-life” crisis.

byTom Ciccotta13 Mar 2018, 1:49 PM PDT0

YouTube star Jake Paul

Popular YouTube Star Jake Paul has taken to Twitter to call for gun reform, including a 30-day waiting period after gun purchase.

byLucas Nolan13 Mar 2018, 12:23 PM PDT0

Shane Smith, the former CEO of Vice Media

A+E Networks CEO Nancy Dubuc is set to become the next CEO of Vice Media, taking over from Vice Media co-Founder Shane Smith, following multiple sexual harassment allegations at the company.

byCharlie Nash13 Mar 2018, 10:56 AM PDT0

A new poll from Gallup reveals that an increasing number of students believe that conservative speech is deterred on college campuses.

byTom Ciccotta13 Mar 2018, 10:09 AM PDT0

New York Times tech columnist Farhad Manjoo

New York Times tech columnist Farhad Manjoo boasted about spending two months offline in an article this month. However, it has been revealed he used Twitter consistently throughout the period. “Manjoo wrote about what he learned from his two months

byCharlie Nash13 Mar 2018, 10:00 AM PDT0

Apple chief Tim Cook at the internet conference in China, which was also attended by the head of Google, Sundar Pichai

Google parent company Alphabet and Apple have both suffered big hits to their reputations according to an annual survey of corporate brands.

byLucas Nolan13 Mar 2018, 9:58 AM PDT0

Pop megastar Bruno Mars has received the backing of several high-profile black celebrities after he was accused of culturally appropriating black music and profiting from it.

byBen Kew13 Mar 2018, 7:15 AM PDT0

In 2016, we discovered that Big Tech was vulnerable — wide open, in fact — to political manipulators and hackers, both domestic and foreign. In 2017, we learned that Big Tech didn’t want to do much about the problem, even though the Techsters did wish to pursue their various lefty political agendas. And in 2018, we learned that Big Tech was finally willing to do something about its vulnerabilities — but only on its terms.

byVirgil12 Mar 2018, 6:26 PM PDT0

General view of all gender restroom sign during Emerald City Comic Con at Washington State Convention Center on March 3, 2017 in Seattle, Washington. (Photo by Mat Hayward/Getty Images)

A student at the Indiana University of Pennslyvania was kicked out of a class on Christianity after arguing that there are only two genders.

byTom Ciccotta12 Mar 2018, 3:03 PM PDT0

Students at over 2,500 schools around the country are planning to participate in a walkout in support of gun control on Wednesday.

byTom Ciccotta12 Mar 2018, 2:24 PM PDT0

Mexican Pinatas of President Donald Trump

A Los Angeles-area public school has come under fire after a video of a teacher and students hitting a Donald Trump piñata was posted online.

byTom Ciccotta12 Mar 2018, 2:07 PM PDT0

Uber executive Bozoma Saint John

Uber Chief Brand Officer Bozama Saint John has called on white men to ‘make noise’ about diversity in the workplace.

byLucas Nolan12 Mar 2018, 1:48 PM PDT0

The Guardian claimed video games create racism and promote right-wing ideology in an article published Monday, citing the “expulsion of aliens” in sci-fi games and “border control” in Plants vs Zombies.

byCharlie Nash12 Mar 2018, 1:31 PM PDT0

The “racist” leaflets which UK anti-terrorism police cited as reason to detain and deport conservative journalist Lauren Southern have been revealed to be leaflets promoting “LGBT for Islam.”

byCharlie Nash12 Mar 2018, 1:23 PM PDT0

Original scripted shows made for Snapchat are set to debut on the social network as part of a joint venture with its parent Snap Inc and NBCUniversal

Snapchat’s continued troubles lend more weight to the argument that Facebook now holds a monopoly in social media.

byAllum Bokhari12 Mar 2018, 1:22 PM PDT0

Netflix has a wide range of categories for every type of film hosted on the entertainment service, but most are not visible at any given time. Here is how to access those hidden categories.

byLucas Nolan12 Mar 2018, 11:59 AM PDT0

sexual risk order

Federal authorities arrested the head of a phone encryption service accused of creating and marketed products to be used by domestic drug traffickers and international cartels.

byIldefonso Ortiz and Brandon Darby12 Mar 2018, 11:02 AM PDT0

Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web, warned that “a few dominant platforms” have become Internet gatekeepers, and are now able to control what ideas can be seen online, in a statement, Monday.

byCharlie Nash12 Mar 2018, 9:58 AM PDT0

Facebook Head of News Product Alex Hardiman expressed the company’s plans to “redefine its relationship” with news publishers in an effort to “minimize the bad” and “promote quality” during a panel at the South by Southwest film festival.

byLucas Nolan12 Mar 2018, 9:55 AM PDT0

CNN has claimed that a Russian anti-Hillary Clinton video game called Hilltendo influenced the 2016 presidential election, prompting mockery of the news outlet online.

byCharlie Nash12 Mar 2018, 9:43 AM PDT0

Actress Lena Dunham has repeatedly placed herself in public relations nightmares by posting inflammatory statements on social media. Dunham, attempting to avoid drama, says she’s hired people to stop her from posting controversial screeds.

byJerome Hudson12 Mar 2018, 9:16 AM PDT0

An image taken from a propaganda video released on March 17, 2014 by the Islamic State group's al-Furqan Media allegedly shows fighters raising their weapons as they stand on a vehicle mounted with the trademark jihadists flag

Britain is saying, “Yes” to Jihadists, but saying, “No” to free speech.

byJames Delingpole12 Mar 2018, 8:11 AM PDT0

The government has banned Canadian right-wing activist and journalist Lauren Southern from Britain, being held at Calais just days after Austrian activist Martin Sellner and author Brittany Pettibone were refused entry at Heathrow.

byVirginia Hale12 Mar 2018, 4:34 AM PDT0

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has warned major technology companies such as Facebook and Twitter to do more on the issue of “hate speech,” or face fines and greater regulation.

byBen Kew12 Mar 2018, 3:58 AM PDT0

AP Photo

The “Base Case” estimated cost to build California’s bullet train from San Francisco to Los Angeles has doubled to $77.3 billion, and could almost triple to $98.1 billion.

byChriss W. Street12 Mar 2018, 12:01 AM PDT0

Twitter is hiding a tweet from the official Drudge Report account that features President Trump’s 2020 campaign slogan, “Keep America Great.”

byAllum Bokhari11 Mar 2018, 6:40 PM PDT0

Austrian hipster-right Identitarian leader Martin Sellner was detained and refused entry to Britain on Friday at Heathrow airport ahead of a planned speech at Speaker’s Corner in Hyde Park, London.

byChris Tomlinson11 Mar 2018, 3:15 AM PDT0

A former middle school cafeteria worker in Minnesota has pleaded guilty to sending sexually explicit text messages and nude pictures to a 15-year-old student. Krista Ann Muccio, 44, of Inver Grove Heights, pleaded guilty Thursday to a felony count of sending sexually explicit content to a minor after arguing for years that the messages she sent to the student were constitutionally protected free speech under the First Amendment, KARE reported.

A former middle school cafeteria worker in Minnesota has pleaded guilty to sending sexually explicit text messages and nude pictures to a 15-year-old student.

byKatherine Rodriguez10 Mar 2018, 2:00 PM PDT0

Brighton & Hove City Council will equip staff with badges declaring their “preferred pronouns” as part of a project seeking to educate the public that making assumptions about a person’s sex “can be hurtful and distressing”. Council and voluntary sector

byVirginia Hale10 Mar 2018, 4:45 AM PDT0

A Cuban-American human rights group has documented dozens of Twitter accounts, allegedly belonging to young Cubans on the island, posting pro-communist propaganda and using photos of actors and models as their photos.

byFrances Martel9 Mar 2018, 7:46 PM PDT0

Netflix released a clip from its upcoming documentary about Rachel Dolezal – who was born white but spent years posing as a black civil rights leader — and social media exploded with rage and accusations of ‘white privilege.’

byJerome Hudson9 Mar 2018, 2:19 PM PDT0

Pro-choice actress Jessica Chastain made a charitable contribution to one of her pro-life Instagram followers on Thursday after the two had a brief debate about abortion.

byDaniel Nussbaum9 Mar 2018, 2:05 PM PDT0

Santa Ana homeless (Frederic J. Brown / AFP / Getty)

Orange County found 13,950 used hypodermic needles left by evicted homeless people along the Santa Ana River, confirming public health concerns that led to the camps’ removal.

byChriss W. Street9 Mar 2018, 12:36 PM PDT0

Twitter executives hosted a Periscope video livestream recently where they asked for advice on how to fix their platform and stated their wish to be the “most trusted service in the world.”

byLucas Nolan9 Mar 2018, 12:06 PM PDT0

A rising number of scholars question evidence of a link between gaming and aggression

President Trump reportedly showed a compilation of graphic scenes from modern video games to entertainment industry executives during a meeting about the effects of violent media on teenagers.

byLucas Nolan9 Mar 2018, 12:05 PM PDT0

An illustration of a hipster who might choose to attend a

The student editorial board for the Indiana University student newspaper argued that “toxic masculinity” was behind the recent Parkland shooting.

byTom Ciccotta9 Mar 2018, 11:39 AM PDT0

One-third of young voters supported President Trump during the 2016 presidential election, and Trump’s recent attempts to blame video games for violence could lose them.

byCharlie Nash9 Mar 2018, 11:30 AM PDT0

Britain's cyber-spooks are reaching beyond the shroud of secrecy in a bid to harness the

Turkish people who went online to download some of the most popular software available on the market instead received government spyware, according to a report.

byCharlie Nash9 Mar 2018, 10:38 AM PDT0

Pat McCargo, the Chair of the Education Committee for the Cherry Hill African American Civic Association, argued at a public school board meeting on student safety that police might use “brown boys” as “target practice” if they were placed in schools.

byTom Ciccotta9 Mar 2018, 10:06 AM PDT0

According to a new report, Facebook users are spending 24 percent less time on the platform.

byLucas Nolan9 Mar 2018, 9:44 AM PDT0

Oxford University has issued a public apology after a photo of a female custodian cleaning the campus on International Women’s Day went viral on social media.

byTom Ciccotta9 Mar 2018, 9:35 AM PDT0

President Donald Trump gives a thumbs up after delivering remarks to the Conservative Political Action Conference, Friday, Feb. 23, 2018, in Oxon Hill, Md. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

Google’s craziest employees accuse CPAC 2018 of giving a platform to “hate,” “xenophobia,” “sexism” and “ethno-nationalism.”

byAllum Bokhari9 Mar 2018, 9:11 AM PDT0

Original Article