Sky Sports DEAL: Save £180 ahead of Manchester United v Liverpool derby – if you're quick!
It's a BIG weekend for Sky Sports. Not only is the new Formula 1 season upon us, but there's some of the biggest rivalries in British football taking place this Saturday and Sunday.
In total, Sky have 8 live games including Manchester United v Liverpool, the Old Firm derby between Celtic and Rangers, plus 2 Midlands derbies featuring the likes of Aston Villa, Wolves, Nottingham Forest and Derby County.
But if you don't own Sky Sports, it goes without saying that you might have a harder time of it trying to watch the football.
Thankfully, Sky has a rather excellent offer on right now – but it's not available for long – and you don't want to hang about and miss the action as well!
This weekend, Sky are offering a special package which gives you the choice between one of their 3 combined sports packages with FREE Sports HD as well.
So you're getting two channels for the price of one plus free Sports HD – saving you whopping £180.
The three package options include:
• Premier League, Football & Sports HD
• Premier League, F1 & Sports HD
• Football, F1 & Sports HD
All packs are normally £22 a month, but are all discounted to £18 and as mentioned are available with the Sports HD option on top which normally costs £6 extra. Put it all together and you've got your £180 discount!
You need to be quick though because this offer is only available until Tuesday and the little counter on Sky's website, shows there is less than 3 days to go before the deal expires!
As you might imagine, Sky insists that you must keep your combination of Sky Sports channels for the length of the offer (18 months).
Equally, this is on top of Sky's basic Entertainment package (£20pm) which gives you the usual assortment of Sky One, Sky Atlantic and numerous other standard Sky channels.
Sky Sports TV Channels Explained
Sky Sports is now better than ever, with seven new channels dedicated to your favourite sports. You also get Sky Sports News as standard with Sky Entertainment.
WHATS IN EACH SKY PACKAGE?
SKY SPORTS PREMIER LEAGUE
Unmissable drama from 126 games throughout the 2017-18 season, plus analysis and highlights on demand
SKY SPORTS FOOTBALL
Watch live English Football League and coverage from the Carabao Cup, SPFL and La Liga
SKY SPORTS F1
The only place to watch every Formula 1 practice, qualifying and race live in UHD with Sky Q. It also allows you to take control of how you watch with F1 Race Control through the Red Button.
News of this new deal comes after Sky last week announced a MAJOR Sky Q box update, which new features for families, Spotify fans and Netflix users.
Beginning next month, Sky will start rolling out new features to make Sky Q even better.
The biggest new addition is the introduction of the world’s leading music subscription service, Spotify. Along with this there's also a new Kids mode that is perfect for families wanting a safe TV viewing experience that links directly to the Sky Kids app.
There's also a lot more personalisation, from tailored voice functionality to new sports section features to reflect customer’s favourite sports and teams.
“Sky Q keeps getting better and better. With this suite of innovation, we are taking the user experience to another level – and we won’t stop there," said Jeremy Darroch, Group Chief Executive from Sky.
"We will continue enhancing Sky Q and finding new ways to bring customers more of what they love, and in so doing ensure we appeal to every household and every one in that household.
"With Spotify joining our Sky Q platform, we are giving customers the best home entertainment experience in Europe.”
Keep reading for the full breakdown of new Sky Q features.
NEW SKY Q FEATURES
- Voice functionality extended to give personalised recommendations – e.g. “show movies for me” – and app specific requests – e.g. “what is the weather today?”
- More personalised experience throughout the user interface, with use of deeper Machine Learning and detailed algorithms based on a household’s viewing habits, including reflecting times of day, ensuring customers are served content most relevant to them.
- The Sports section will be personalised to reflect customer’s favourite sports and teams, seamlessly integrating with the Sky Sports app, ensuring customers always know what’s on and what the latest relevant news is.
- Introduction of a brand new widescreen user interface which will help customers navigate a mixture of personalised and curated sections of content. A newly designed homepage including ‘Most Recent Recordings’ and ‘Favourite Channels’ along with editorially curated selections of Box Sets, Movies, and Catch-Up TV, will get customers to their favourite content quicker and easier than ever before.
- The viewing experience will be taken to another level with the launch of HDR, to give customers with 4K televisions the most stunning definition and clarity available.
- New kids mode – integrated with the kids app – will make Sky Q more fun and interactive for younger audiences, while at the same time being a safer environment, giving parents peace of mind over what their children can access and watch.
- Customers with multiple devices will be able to stream Sky content on the Sky Q app on even more devices at the same time – bringing even more flexibility to watching on the go.
- A Sky Q app will also become available on smart TVs and third-party devices, allowing even more people to enjoy the Sky Q experience.