Tech

Breitbart Tech

73Views

A Foreign Policy report suggests the United States is currently “laying the groundwork” for cyber warfare against North Korea as an alternative method of neutralizing the rogue communist regime.

byBen Kew19 Feb 2018, 5:34 PM PST0

The prestigious Yale University is introducing a course this semester on the various methods of counteracting “whiteness.”

byTom Ciccotta19 Feb 2018, 12:59 PM PST0

Texas Education Ratings

Tech-savvy parents are using big tech’s new A.I. systems — Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant — as surrogate babysitters. But what happens when children start viewing these bias-ridden systems as authority figures?

byMarlene Jaeckel19 Feb 2018, 12:43 PM PST0

Facebook will reportedly begin sending postcards to the addresses of potential political ad buyers to confirm that they reside in the U.S. following the controversy around Russian ad purchases.

byLucas Nolan19 Feb 2018, 12:41 PM PST0

Four passengers were removed from a Transavia Airlines flight from Dubai to Amsterdam after a fight broke out over a man’s flatulence.

A pilot was forced to make an emergency landing after a fight broke out over a passenger who allegedly could not stop passing gas.

byKatherine Rodriguez19 Feb 2018, 12:12 PM PST0

AP Photo

A driver for Uber’s food delivery service Uber Eats allegedly fatally shot a customer in Atlanta, Georgia, on Saturday before fleeing.

byCharlie Nash19 Feb 2018, 10:58 AM PST0

A student protester at Portland State University tried to derail an event featuring ex-Google employee James Damore by attacking the venue’s sound system.

byTom Ciccotta19 Feb 2018, 10:10 AM PST0

Peter Thiel (Steve Jennings / Getty)

Like Peter Thiel, who recently moved from Silicon Valley to Los Angeles after facing repeated attacks from far-left activists, many tech workers are starting to “feel alienated” by Silicon Valley’s left-wing echo chamber according to the Wall Street Journal.

byCharlie Nash19 Feb 2018, 9:59 AM PST0

The process of growing ovary tissue into mature eggs had previously been achieved with mouse egg cells, while human eggs had been successfully cultivated starting from a much later stage of development

Scientists from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, have invented a smartphone device that could help to prevent food poisoning.

byLucas Nolan19 Feb 2018, 9:48 AM PST0

Free speech platform Quillette recently published an opinion piece titled “Thinking Critically About Social Justice” which discussed the recent decision of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) in the case of former Google engineer James Damore.

byLucas Nolan19 Feb 2018, 9:35 AM PST0

AP Photo

Apple’s recent update for the iPhone removed Easter Sunday from some users’ calendars, prompting consumer complaints.

byCharlie Nash19 Feb 2018, 9:30 AM PST0

Sometimes the internet has to work hard to turn a cringe-worthy, meme-laden, moment of social media mockery, into a trending sensation.

byDylan Gwinn19 Feb 2018, 7:17 AM PST0

People vote on the US presidential election at Santa Monica City Hall on November 8, 2016 in Santa Monica, California. America's future hung in the balance Tuesday as millions of eager voters cast ballots to elect Democrat Hillary Clinton as their first woman president, or hand power to the billionaire populist Donald Trump. / AFP / Frederic J. BROWN (Photo credit should read FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images)

Facebook Vice President Ron Goldman tweeted Friday that the Russian ad buys on the popular social media platform were not to sway the outcome of the election, contrary what to media coverage was suggesting.

byKristina Wong18 Feb 2018, 6:46 PM PST0

The Belgian court ruling comes amid increased efforts in Europe to boost privacy protections in a digital economy dominated by US giants

In contrast to the media narrative, most Russian ad buys occurred post-election with the intent to “divide America, said the Facebook VP.

byAllum Bokhari18 Feb 2018, 9:28 AM PST0

“The Fake News of big ratings loser CNN,” Trump wrote, retweeting a cartoon image of an old Wolf Blitzer searching for evidence of Russian collusion.

byCharlie Spiering18 Feb 2018, 9:19 AM PST0

REUTERS/Kacper Pempel/Files

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) has reportedly engaged in a series of coordinated cyber warfare tactics to spy on, police, and arrest the Iranian people to secure its theocracy.

byAdelle Nazarian18 Feb 2018, 1:42 AM PST0

Teacher

A South Carolina teacher is accused of sexual misconduct after police busted her for being half-naked while in a car with a student.

byKatherine Rodriguez17 Feb 2018, 5:04 PM PST0

A demonstrator demands action against gun violence during a vigil held for the 17 people killed in the Parkland high school shooting

A Florida middle school teacher who was named Teacher of the Year at her school said that parents need to “step up” and control their kids’ behavior.

byKatherine Rodriguez17 Feb 2018, 1:23 PM PST0

AP Photo/Paul Sakuma, File

Online retail giant Amazon, owned by Jeff Bezos who also owns the Washington Post, has settled with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for $1.2 million after an agency investigation revealed the company was selling illegal pesticides.

byPenny Starr17 Feb 2018, 8:14 AM PST0

The National Labor Relations Board has concluded that tech giant Google did not violate any labor laws by firing James Damore.

byLucas Nolan16 Feb 2018, 3:26 PM PST0

Australian regulators are to look at the impact of digital platforms like Google and Facebook on competition in media and advertising markets

A new proposal calling for greater transparency surrounding the sponsors of online politicals advertisements will be considered by the Federal Election Commission (FEC) next month.

byCharlie Nash16 Feb 2018, 2:59 PM PST0

YouTube star sky williams

Popular black YouTube star Sky Williams pointed out the hypocrisy of YouTube after the company encouraged people to “subscribe to black creators,” during Black History Month.

byCharlie Nash16 Feb 2018, 2:47 PM PST0

Facebook has come under fire for their two-factor authentication process which sends users notifications via text message and posts replies on their Facebook wall, instead of merely acting as a layer of security.

byLucas Nolan16 Feb 2018, 2:15 PM PST0

Top-tier venture capitalist Peter Thiel is ditching the intolerance of Silicon Valley and moving himself and his personal investment arm to Los Angeles for better business opportunities.

byChriss W. Street16 Feb 2018, 12:00 PM PST0

Reporter-model Becky Griffin took to Twitter on Thursday and responded to Wednesday’s mass shooting at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida by insinuating that alleged shooter Nikolas Cruz wouldn’t have carried out mass murder if his mother had aborted him instead of putting him up for adoption.

byJerome Hudson16 Feb 2018, 11:24 AM PST0

An American Studies professor at Cornell University argued that the American Dream is a now a “hallucination.”

byTom Ciccotta16 Feb 2018, 10:34 AM PST0

TOPSHOT - A protester with tape covering her mouth takes part in the March for Free Internet in central Moscow on July 23, 2017. / AFP PHOTO / Mladen ANTONOV (Photo credit should read MLADEN ANTONOV/AFP/Getty Images)

Image-sharing social media platform Instagram has caved to pressure from the Russian government to restrict access to posts relating to opposition party leader Alexei Navalny.

byLucas Nolan16 Feb 2018, 10:28 AM PST0

Vacancy sign

The President of Evergreen State College announced this week that the college is predicting a 20 percent drop in enrollment for the upcoming fall semester.

byTom Ciccotta16 Feb 2018, 10:21 AM PST0

Nikolas Cruz

According to a new report, the gunman behind the recent shooting at a school in Florida took an Uber to the school the day of the shooting.

byLucas Nolan16 Feb 2018, 9:01 AM PST0

This photo provided by the Broward County Jail shows Nikolas Cruz. Authorities say Cruz, a former student opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018, killing more than a dozen people and injuring several. (Broward County Jail via AP)

The FBI was reportedly alerted to a threat posted on YouTube by Nikolas Cruz five months ago — but the bureau was unable to track down Cruz despite him having used his real name on the site when he allegedly made the threats.

byLucas Nolan16 Feb 2018, 7:44 AM PST0

Sharyl Attkisson during her TEDx talk on fake news

Investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson explained the left-wing origins of the term “fake news” that rose to prominence during the 2016 election at a recent TEDx talk.

byLucas Nolan15 Feb 2018, 11:11 AM PST0

Google has responded to a lawsuit brought against them by Prager University claiming that YouTube violates the First Amendment by censoring conservatives, but their response does not address censorship or the reasoning behind restricting and demonetizing PragerU and other conservatives.

byLucas Nolan15 Feb 2018, 10:43 AM PST0

THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JIMMY FALLON -- Episode 0125 -- Pictured: (l-r) Chuck D and Flavor Flav of musical guest Public Enemy perform with Tariq 'Black Thought' Trotter of The Roots on September 16, 2014 -- (Photo by: Douglas Gorenstein/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images).

A professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison known for his “Problem of Whiteness” course is facing criticism again for his new course on the relationship between social justice and hip-hop.

byTom Ciccotta15 Feb 2018, 10:24 AM PST0

AP Photo

A male student at Dartmouth College is facing a significant backlash to an op-ed he wrote in a student newspaper criticizing a campus program that hires mostly female students.

byTom Ciccotta15 Feb 2018, 9:15 AM PST0

Hollywood actress Natalie Portman claimed it was ‘problematic’ that she was cast as a character described as being of ‘Asian heritage’ in Paramount upcoming sci-fi adventure movie ‘Annihilation.’

byCharlie Nash15 Feb 2018, 9:00 AM PST0

Evergreen State College is introducing a new course in the upcoming fall semester on the importance of engaging with diverse political viewpoints.

byTom Ciccotta15 Feb 2018, 8:53 AM PST0

The appetite on sites like Twitch and YouTube Gaming for play video, commentary, trailers, and more seems insatiable, industry insiders say

Popular video game streaming website Twitch has surpassed both CNN and MSNBC for the number of monthly viewers in January.

byLucas Nolan15 Feb 2018, 8:47 AM PST0

Ali Akbar and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey

Conservative political operative Ali A. Akbar met with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey this week to discuss the future of conservatives on the social media platform.

byCharlie Nash15 Feb 2018, 8:39 AM PST0

Billionaire venture capitalist and noted conservative Peter Thiel is leaving Silicon Valley for Los Angeles, according to the Wall Street Journal, amidst a continuing backlash against his support of President Donald Trump.

byJoel B. Pollak15 Feb 2018, 6:45 AM PST0

The Chinese Party-State has been hard at work constructing a network of propaganda outposts — called Confucius Institutes or Confucius Classrooms – on the campuses of universities, colleges, and secondary schools around the world.

bySteven Mosher14 Feb 2018, 2:01 PM PST0

Professor and Nobel Prize Winner James Buchanan

Nancy MacLean, a history professor at Duke University, -argued in a recent lecture a “shocking” amount of libertarians are on the “autism spectrum.”

byTom Ciccotta14 Feb 2018, 1:42 PM PST0

Dartmouth professor of government Brendan Nyhan published an op-ed in the New York Times claiming that the power of fake news and social media bots is massively overblown.

byLucas Nolan14 Feb 2018, 1:04 PM PST0

Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei's consumer business group, maintained the company's goal of becoming the world's biggest smartphone maker within five years

The heads of six major intelligence organizations including the FBI, the CIA, and the NSA have warned Americans not to use Huawei and ZTE phones

byLucas Nolan14 Feb 2018, 12:04 PM PST0

AP Photo

Harvard University is offering a new graduate course on the role of feces in French literature of the 20th and 21st centuries.

byTom Ciccotta14 Feb 2018, 11:49 AM PST0

hal robot AI artificial intelligence 2001

Google is creating an artificial intelligence-based automatic reply system, which will give users personalized, but automated answers to respond to messages with just one click.

byCharlie Nash14 Feb 2018, 11:42 AM PST0

Original Article